This month had lots of news worthy pieces. Here are some of the Top News as well as some of great topics I came across.
The News makers:
- Facebook acquires Storylane, a story-telling platform (Giga Om)
- Facebook Launches Feeds For Photos, Music, Friends-Only, And More (Techcrunch)
- Apple and Intel Have Reportedly Discussed Deal for Production of Future iPhone and iPad Chips (Mac Rumors)
- Bradley Manning provides more evidence of why we need a media entity like WikiLeaks (Giga Om)
- Should you be worried about the new “six strikes” anti-piracy rules? Yes and no (Giga Om)
- Rackspace buys its way into MongoDB market with ObjectRocket (Giga Om)
- Variety doubles down on digital — drops paywall in what it calls “end of an error” (Giga Om)
- Google kills Google Reader, says it will go offline on July 1, 2013 (Giga Om)
- A second spring of cleaning (Official Google Blog)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 preview: a bigger, faster upgrade to the world’s most popular Android phone (The Verge)
- Google acquires an infrastructure startup Talaria. Will it help Google crush AWS? (Giga Om)
- Google Keep, an Overdue Answer to Evernote, Arrives (Wired)
- “First to file” patent law starts today: what it means in plain English (Giga Om)
- A Dongle Joke That Spiraled Way Out Of Control (Techcrunch)
- Apple Acquires WiFiSlam to Track iPhones Indoors (Laptop Mag)
- Yahoo! Continues To Attack Mobile, Buys News Gathering And Delivery Startup Summly, App Will Close (Techcrunch)
- Amazon Buys Goodreads to Make Reading Experience More Social (Mashable)
11 Must-Read Authors For Every Professional : A list of best authors, some of the must read books from these authors. One such author in this list, whom I know very well is Stephen Covey and the his very famous book “7 Habits of Highly Effective People”.
Leverage Social Media in SEO Strategy: I came across this article through one of my colleague. This article lays the link between “link building” and Social Media.
Once upon a Time in Marketing Land… Why Narrative is Key to Customer Engagement: This article hits on the head of marketing. Marketing is all about – how well one can come across on narratives?
If Landing Pages Were People – 3 Nasty Habits That Drive Prospects Away: This article beautifully illustrates landing page guidelines. Always understand, Sites are like people, and personality matters for both sites as well as people.
Surviving “Founder Fear”: Entrepreneurship tip, note: this tip applies to me more too.
7 Lessons From the World’s Most Captivating Presenters: A wonderful captivating article on presentation tips. A must read article for MBA’s they are one who do most presenting work.
26 Awesome Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read: A laundry list of top notch books by top notch authors. I have gone through 2 of them already and these 2 books define significant portion of my personality.
- Business Lessons From Mega-Entrepreneur Richard Branson
- Entrepreneurial Lessons From Instagram Co-Founder Kevin Systrom
- Entrepreneurial Lessons From Google All-Star and Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer
- Tony Hsieh, Zappos, and the Art of Great Company Culture
- Inside the Inventive and Entrepreneurial Mind of Elon Musk
- Entrepreneurial Lessons from Mark Zuckerberg
- 12 Business Lessons You Can Learn from Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos
- How to Build a Thriving Culture – An Interview with Dharmesh Shah, Co-founder of HubSpot