- Where is the Sensex headed? – Subra Money – An immaterial question. The important thing, what will you do when it reaches a certain point. the market is made up of bull runs, interruptions, and bear runs.
- Belief shapes our behavior – Devdutt Pattanaik – Darshan is far more effective than Shruti. A patriotic man will stand when the national anthem is played, but standing while the national anthem is played is no indicator of patriotism. It can also be a charade. This is one thing most people fail to notice.
- Ignore sunk clowns – Seth Godin – More you compartmentalize failure, more you can ignore it and help in moving on. Failing to do it runs the risk of spreading its ill effects on other things.
- “Where did you go to school?” – Seth Godin – Here’s what matters: The way you approach your work. What have you built? What have you led? How do you make decisions? What’s your reserve of emotional labor like? How do you act when no one is looking? You are not your resume. You are the trail you’ve left behind, the people you’ve influenced, the work you’ve done.
- Blogs are “thought spaces” – Om Malik – Bloggers get the readership of people whose thoughts are resonating with theirs.
- A country for con men – Seth Godin – The upside is that being receptive to new ideas, even those too good to be true (especially those) creates a tradition of neophilia and optimism. When someone has a breakthrough—an innovation that actually keeps its promise—it’s much more likely to catch on. The downside is pretty obvious.
- The Chrome Extensions the WIRED Staff Can’t Live Without – Wired – Nearly two-thirds of internet users turn to Chrome for their browsing needs, but far fewer take full advantage of its available extensions, the add-ons that elevate it from good to great. check out these sprinkles of joy that the WIRED staff swears by.
- Your corner of the sphere – Seth Godin – Zappos might have good prices, but it’s the service we talk about. Tom’s might have fashionable shoes, but it’s the pay it forward that resonates. And your iPhone might have good download speed, but it’s the design and fashion that we pay for.