Tech, Surveillance & Security
- Don’t Let Encrypted Messaging Become a Hollow Promise – Deeplinks – Explains how the end to end encryption can be undermined by state actors.
- The Beginner’s Guide to CSS – Quick Sprout – Neil Patel’s quick guide for CSS and links to detailed guides for it.
- Adblocking: How About Nah? – Deeplinks – An historical account of the fight between browser vendors, users, and advertisers.
- Defensive Medicine – Subramoney – Why we have over saving, over-insuring habits prevalent like defensive medicine in the US?
- Being Prepared – Safal Niveshak – An article on “Why being prepared for all outcomes?” is important in investing.
- Can You Retire with Rs 1 Crore Today in India? – Stable Investor – Dev Ashish explains various pitfalls in assuming 1 core as retirement corpus.
- Hdfc bank problem? – Subramoney – some portfolio segregation strategies for you. Know how safe a company is and then decide on its monitoring.
- The Ultimate Guide to SEO Meta Tags – Moz Blog – A ready reckoner on which meta tags to have for SEO purposes and which ones to drop.
- Surrendering curation and promotion – Seth Godin – Why social media platforms are averse to curation, why this aversion leads to a race to bottom condition.
- Comparing % and mass – Seth Godin – Why one should not fret about reach and focus on conversion when the numbers are available.
- Where will the media take us next? – Seth Godin – Why it’s necessary to ignore media and make it follow us instead of us, following it. Media is divisive and corrosive because we follow it and give it unnecessary importance.
- Hdfc bank problem? – Subramoney – This is like an extension to the above-mentioned article. Learn to suspect media, they don’t do the hard work that other excited shareholders do.
- How to be a regular at a restaurant – Om Blog – Om Malik on being a regular customer of restaurant and advantages being so.
- Media’s Blame Game – Om Blog – Om Malik’s take on why internet killed media, and how the very industry is to blame for this. This also tells why media is filled with so much vitriol towards customers.