Personal Development & Entrepreneurship
- Living in surplus – Seth Godin – The advantages of living in surplus, spending less than income, not comparing oneself to others, so that you don’t feel smaller than them.
- The old media/new media chasm – Seth Godin – Why media makes the mistake of ignoring new inventions to dig its own grave.
- What We Can Learn from the Capital One Hack – Krebs on Security – Capital one hack, how it happened due to misconfigured WAF, security steps to take.
- The Risk of Weak Online Banking Passwords – Krebs on Security – Why the attackers are now focussing on finance apps to hack into bank accounts.
- ‘IBM PC Compatible’: How Adversarial Interoperability Saved PCs From Monopolization – Deeplinks – Why compatible functionality enabled PC revolution and current DMCA regime is now killing it.
Data, Analytics, Charts
- Too much of a good thing – Junk Charts – A small alternate view of Data regarding clinical trials.
- Definitions & Myths on “Good” Cookies – Flawed from the ICO – Measuring Success – Though I don’t agree fully, it tells about the fine line separating outright privacy invasion with privacy focussed analytics.
- Understanding RERA – 14 rules real estate investors should know – Jago Investor – Basics on RERA, for homebuyers to know about.
- Stock market investment risk will not reduce “over the long term”! – Free Fincal – Investing for the long term doesn’t reduce the risk nor will be inflation-beating. Learn risk management.