- Why I Don’t Talk About My Stocks Publicly, And Why You Shouldn’t Either – Safal Niveshak – Tells about how the fallacy of taking a public stand leads to ruin for investor. The public stand doesn’t allow one to change his mind when the facts of investments change (which can happen in weeks/days time too!!!!).
- Money Management: Where to Start and How to Start – Free Fincal – Asks one core questions that leads to successful financial life. This post distills core essence of goal based investing. This post exactly where you should start your journey of personal finances.
- Latticework of Mental Models: Echo Chamber Effect – Safal Niveshak – The problems that arise from not having contrarian views in our friend circle. The reason American media couldn’t understand rise of Donald Trump was because of their own echo chamber. It does have significant bearing on investor too.
Marketing and Analytics:
- Beyond Sales: The Different Types of Conversions, Why They Matter, and How to Get More Of Them – Kissmetrics Blog – Tells basic conversion tracking one must have in his marketing analytics campaigns.
- Instead of the easy numbers… – Seth Godin – This post is contra view on numbers. If one is creating an innovative product then the metric to measure its success must also be different. For Example, In case of kindle its sales number is not measure of its success, its the sales that generated by it is more important as it is a subsidized product.
- When to Solve Your Team’s Problems, and When to Let Them Sort It Out – HBR – Some tips for managing the escalations one comes across if in a team.
- What Makes Me a Great CEO – Gary Vaynerchuk – No!! This is not a self promotion post. Post explains about entrepreneurship and gives lots of relevant old school and new school tips that are relevant even today.